Certification Process for Products
The following office furniture categories can be certified:
- Office chairs
- Visitors’ and meeting chairs
- Conference chairs
- Office desks
- Visitors', meeting and conference desks
- Office containers
- Office cabinets
The certification of electrification and technical integration is covered by the GS mark.
Quality Office products are certified according to the Guideline L-Q 2010. All products must meet the requirements for safety, ergonomics, functionality, flexibility, durability and sustainability. Additionally, the requirements for accompanying service must be fulfilled. If the products includes electrification, the Compendium of approved rules for electrical installation in office furniture (German only) is mandatory. The GS mark is proof of compliance.
Only product manufacturers of products can apply for certification. Certification languages are German and English.
The "Quality Forum Office Furniture and Equipment" is commissioned for the quality certification. It consists of at least five independent experts who are capable of judging the quality of office furniture products and services.
Process of certification
- Application using application form and additional documents as necessary
- Check of application and random sample testing.
- Optional clarification of open questions, followed by decision about application
- Listing of product in product data base and delivery of certificate
- Package rate for 6 product categories (see above): 1.500 € + VAT
- Additional certification for another category: 433 € + VAT
The certification of electrification/technical integration is part of the corresponding product category. If further costs arise, the applicant will be informed beforehand.
The certificate is valid three years from the date of issue. The prolongation can be applied for in an abbreviated procedure.